Sunday, April 14, 2013

"L" is for "Love Truly"

According to A Course in Miracles, Love is the CONTENT of all relationships.  The form may change, but the content does not.

Love isn't about romance . . . or sex . . . or possession.  LOVE is about wanting for others what you want for yourself . . . PEACE.

I not-so-jokingly say that getting divorced was the best thing Renfrew and I did for our relationship.  It is true.  While we 'loved' each other, the form and function of marriage had stopped working for us.  I had turned into a nagging shrew and he had closed himself off into a passive aggressive non-participant.  At some point in the process of divorce, I stopped wanting to control the outcome and sincerely prayed for both of us to be HEALED of our pain.  It worked (at least it did as far as I am concerned).  I began to look at Renfrew with softer eyes and saw the pain we were causing each other.  I finally let go  . . . .

It is trusting that a step taken with LOVE will get you where you need to be, even though that may not be where you think you want to be.

Namaste.

6 comments:

  1. Love doesn't always mean you like them. A very heart-filled post. Stopping by on the a to z challenge.



    Cynthia (The Sock Zone)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all people, unfortunately, I don't like all of them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good reminder. New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've enjoyed reading your blog! I nominated you for a Liebster Award. Visit the award post on my blog and read all about it. Instructions are there if you would like to participate. Congrats on a successful A to Z Challenge! Keep blogging :)
    - Bonnie at Bonniegwyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post! I truly believe love is the answer to everything.

    Just stopping by from a-z.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just cruisin' by to say hello from the 2013 Post A-Z Road Trip.
    Thoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn...

    ReplyDelete