Tuesday, April 2, 2013

"B" is for "Be Kind"

In A Course in Miracles it is said that to find inner peace we are to tell our brother he is right, even when he is wrong.  This, to me, is the definition of choosing to be kind over right.  I spent the first 45 years of my life "right" fighting . . . I wanted to RIGHT, Damn it.  At the end of the day, being right did not 'work' in a real sense.  Sure, I won arguments, but I lost relationships.  When my life (as I knew it) ended, I realized that being right was wrong.  I learned to accept that my 'right' wasn't everyone else's.

Now, I will always choose to be KIND.  Give a little. . . give a lot. . . be gentle with all those you encounter. See how your life changes.

1 comment:

  1. I am much like you were, always wanting to be right and believing that I was. I have finally learned that right can be subjective, there is more than one way to view things or to do them. Righ can also be cruel at times. Kind is always the better way, I am a work in progress too! :-)

    ReplyDelete